Here’s this week’s news in Data Science and Big Data.
Don’t forget to subscribe if you find this useful!
Interesting Data Science Articles and News
- All the World’s Immigration Visualized in 1 Map – This map depicts the estimated net immigration by origin and destination country between 2010 and 2015.
- Building High-Performance Data Science Teams – These are points to consider when building a successful data science team.
- Who will win the presidency? – These data visualizations display the probability of each presidential candidate winning the 2016 election.
- What you missed in Big Data: The chatbots are multiplying – With the increase of Artificial Intelligence services, char bots who provide real-time advice.
- How well do facial recognition algorithms cope with a million strangers? – What happens to the performance of image recognition algorithms when applied to a sample size of a million.
- Human Or Machine: Can You Tell Who Wrote These Poems? – Computer scientists at Dartmouth College try to find out if computers can write poems as well as humans.
- Bayesian Statistics explained to Beginners in Simple English – Learn the basics of Bayesian statistics, a useful tool for machine learning.
- A Starter Kit for Solving the Cyber Security Problem – Here are tools and methods in successful cybersecurity practices.
- Watch 6,000 Years of Urbanization in 3 Minutes – Watch years of urbanization come alive in this data visualization.
- Why We Should Expect Algorithms to Be Biased – Are algorithms neutral or do they maintain the bias of those who wrote them.
- Launching the Data-Driven Justice Initiative: Disrupting the Cycle of Incarceration – To break the cycle of incarceration, state governments and a bipartisan coalition of 67 city are launching the Data-Driven Justice Initiative (DDJ).
- If you’re a data scientist, it’s time to experiment with some new tools – IBM Cloud Data Services combines different tools and resources to improve your current data science tool setup.
- Data science proves we love to hate-watch TV – Big Data reveals that viewers loving watching tv shows if they hate something about it.
- Data Mining Reveals the Crucial Factors That Determine When People Make Blunders – This Big Data analysis describes how people make important decisions.
- How IBM’s Watson Supercomputer Is Going to Help 10,000 Veterans – IBM’s Watson for Genomics technology and the U.S. Department of Veterans Affair work together to provide top-tier medicine to veterans.
Upcoming Data Science Events
- IBM Webinar: End to End Analytics in the Cloud with IBM – Join this IBM Webinar on July 7th to learn more about cloud analytics.
- Exploring 7 Kinds of Data Stories – Learn about story driven data on July 12th.
- Data Science Summit 2016 – Whether you are a developer, business leader, or data scientists, attend this year’s Data Science Summit in San Francisco on July 12th-13th in order to learn about the new possibilities in machine learning and data science.