In the last two decades the world has seen an incredible shift in text media from print-based to web-based
- Literature has been made increasingly available online through resources like Google Books, Project Gutenberg, etc.
- News organizations have responded by providing online resources with real-time newsfeeds
- Social Media has become ubiquitous and enables an unprecedented access to the thoughts and opinions of ordinary people
- What does this mean for us as data scientists? – More data!
– More easily accessible data!
– More opportunities for valuable analysis